Photographic Asset Inspection (PAI) for your bridge’s concrete surfaces
Manual inspections of large concrete bridges with difficult access conditions can be challenging. Using photographic data, PAI enables you to analyse and gain an insight into thousands of pictures of concrete surfaces. The data will help you to determine whether the concrete surface requires maintenance and to predict when any damage to the bridge needs to be addressed. PAI is designed for infrastructure owners who are responsible for the operation and maintenance of concrete bridges.
PAI offers far more effective inspections because there is no need for engineers to physically inspect every single part of the bridge’s surface. For major bridge operators this can mean significant savings on inspections which would otherwise require road traffic barriers, work platforms suspended from cranes or other special equipment.
PAI makes it easier for you to store and organise large quantities of pictures of concrete surfaces from drones. The data will help you to make better decisions so that you know what concrete damage to focus on. A combination of data over time will enable you to carry out predictable maintenance and understand how factors such as the weather, materials, etc. can impact the life of your assets.
At present, the solution is suitable for bridge operators, but in future we expect to provide analysis and insight into all types of concrete surfaces such as tunnels, roads, etc.
What can Photographic Asset Inspection do for your organisation?
- Significant savings on operation and maintenance
- Improved quality – objective detection
- Damage development is detected in a better way
- Potential to simulate the service life of the concrete
- No traffic disruption
- Less dependent on good weather
- Digital overview of the location of the damage and type of damage
- Obtaining a second opinion is easy
- Specialist assessment of damage is carried out safely and in a professional environment by concrete specialists